Resident Centered Care
Life Changes, We Can Help
The Orchards offers 24-hour skilled nursing care in a beautiful, caring setting. Our services are supportive of those whose needs extend beyond assisted care; an individual recovering from orthopedic surgeries or injuries, cardiac procedures/diseases, strokes, pulmonary diseases, and other illnesses.
The following skilled nursing services are available at The Orchards Healthcare Center:
- The on-site Medical Director coordinates and improves medical services
- Director of Nursing oversees all aspects of healthcare within the facility
- Individualized resident care plan treatments
- IV therapy
- Dementia care
- Wound care
- Enteral feeding program
- Catheter care
- Colostomy care
- Off-site dialysis
- Ileostomy care
- Nutrition and hydration programs
- Medication management and education
- Diabetic management and education
- Restorative nursing
- Pain management
- Hospice program
- Bowel and bladder programs
- Audiology services
- Registered dietitian
- Laboratory testing and X-rays
- Transportation services
Our nurses work with the residents family to create a comfortable environment including simple routines and visual cues as a positive substitute for diminishing mental processes.
Our licensed nurses provide help with all aspects of managing diabetes including:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin administration and tracking
- Exercise planning
- Menu planning, education and more
Restorative Nursing Program
At The Orchards Health Center we seek to maximize the quality of life for our long-term care population, who require a specialized restorative program. Of course, this service is included in the room and board fee.
Our therapy team and nursing staff develop individualized treatment plans for resident care in the areas of:
- Range of motion
- Activities of daily living
- Positioning and alignment
- Skin integrity and wound management
- Contracture management
- Bowel and bladder training
- Rehabilitative and social dining
- Strengthening and restraint reduction
- Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring
Our dietary program is designed to meet the dietary and physician-ordered needs of each resident in our care.
The following dietary programs are available for each resident in order to monitor that they are receiving the proper nutritional needs:
- Meals to meet specific dietary and therapeutic needs, according to physician orders
- Oral supplemental, as prescribed by each physician
- Regular nutritional assessments from our registered dietitian
Social Services and Case Management
Our Social Service and Case Management Program is designed to meet the individual, psychosocial needs of each resident.
Programs available to all of our residents:
- Discharge planning
- Individualized care conference with health center staff, resident, and resident’s representative
- Psychology services
- Psychiatrist services
Additional Benefits of The Orchards Skilled Nursing:
- Private or semiprivate rooms
- Full-service beauty and barbershop
- Personal laundry and housekeeping services
- 24/7 monitored security system
- Long term care options
The Road to Recovery
On-site, highly skilled physical, occupational, and speech therapists at The Orchards provide the necessary guidance and restorative treatment to return your loved ones to their highest level of independence. Our focus is on effective therapy, improved outcomes, restored health, and the highest possible quality of life.
The Benefits of The Orchards Rehabilitative Therapy include:
- Short-term stay for recovery from injury, illness or surgery
- Therapy services available 7 days a week
- Personalized goal setting and success tracking
- Discharge planning and home evaluation
Physical Therapy – Movement is the main focus of physical therapy. This includes bed mobility, transferring from the bed to a chair or toilet, walking using starts, or wheelchair mobility.
Occupational Therapy – Occupational therapists help patients become more independent by teaching them new ways to perform life skills such as making breakfast, dressing, or simply brushing their hair.
Speech-Language Pathology – The focus of speech therapy is improving speech-language expression, comprehension, oral motor skills for accurate speech production, and strategies for safe eating.
Schedule a Tour
Now accepting early reservations.
To schedule a tour and learn more about our early depositor Harvest Club, call us at 949-545-2260.
© 2020 The Orchards Health Center — We are an equal opportunity employer. Continuing Life LLC provides support and services to leading senior housing communities under a services and licensing agreement that allows for use of the Continuing Life® mark. The company does not own, nor is it financially responsible for, The Orchards HC LLC.